REGISTER NOW for the 2016 TEXAS PRIMA CONFERENCE ...
Visit the Conference Page
for details on all things conference-related, including:
conference registration, hotel booking, applying for a scholarship, and more.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Sept. 2, 2016
Be a 2016 Conference Sponsor/Exhibitor ...
Download the Prospectus
for details on booth selection and benefits.
Nominate an outstanding Risk Professional or Program ...
Nomination Deadline: Sept. 2, 2016
Board of Directors Nominations ...
Nominations are being accepted for the 2017 ballot [NOMINATION FORM].
Nominees must be a Public Entity Member of Texas PRIMA, have responsibility for risk management functions, insurance, benefits and/or safety management,and be able to attend Board meetings in accordance with the bylaws. Consideration is given to experience, demonstrated leadership, participation in the Chapter, and proven commitment to the organization and profession.
Nomination Deadline: Sept. 12, 2016
About Texas PRIMA
Texas PRIMA is a state chapter of the National Public Risk Management Association. The purpose of Texas PRIMA is:
- To increase the proficiency of risk management in governmental agencies, political subdivisions thereof and school districts;
- To strengthen the quality of risk management through continuing education;
- To be an educational and research organization for the benefit of governments, governmental agencies, political subdivisions thereof, school districts and other special district units through the State of Texas;
- To provide the members the opportunity to exchange ideas, to consult with one another, to meet persons in or associated with public risk management, and to supply members with information concerning their organization;
- To act in any manner which will further the best interests of governmental agencies, political subdivisions, schools and other special districts in their risk management activities.
The Benefits of Membership
Part of the value of your Texas PRIMA membership is access to the following valuable resources:
- access to the Texas PRIMA membership directory
- access to Texas PRIMA's risk management job postings
- community forum for posting questions & answers and for networking with fellow members
- archival and informational materials and presentations from Texas PRIMA conferences, etc.
- quick links" to helpful online resources
- complete archival copies of Texas PRIMA's membership newsletter, the "PRIMA Press"